Dr Potter studied for his medical degree at The University of Melbourne Medical School, where he graduated with Honours. He then undertook his internship and surgical residency at The Royal Melbourne Hospital. During this time he completed a Post-Graduate Diploma of Surgical Anatomy at The University of Melbourne and taught medical students as a School of Anatomy Tutor.
Dr Potter was accepted into surgical training in Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery in Victoria, where he trained at multiple hospitals including The Royal Melbourne Hospital and The Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital. After completing training and being designated a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Dr Potter travelled to the US with his family and undertook an additional year of training in Nasal and Sinus Surgery at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
He returned to Brisbane, to be close to family, and undertook a further year of training in Head and Neck Cancer Surgery at the Princess Alexandra Hospital. He has completed, published and presented research both in Australia and the US and is actively involved in clinical research and medical education in Brisbane.
• Sunnybank Private Hospital
• Mater Children’s Private Hospital
• Mater Springfield Private Hospital
• Logan Hospital (Intermediate patients)
• Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
• Australasian Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
• Australia and New Zealand Rhinologic Society
• Australia and New Zealand Head and Neck Cancer Society