Dr Garth Essig practices both adult and paediatric otolaryngology. He has special interests in general paediatric ENT, nasal airway and sinus surgery, removal of skin lesions with local repair and thyroid/parathyroid surgery.
He received his medical degree from the Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health and completed specialist training at the University of Virginia. Upon completion of training he undertook a combined fellowship at the Princess Alexandra and Logan Hospitals.
Dr Essig returned to the US and practiced as a consultant surgeon at the Ohio State Wexner Medical Centre and Nationwide Children’s Hospital achieving the rank of Associate Professor in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery. During this time, he served as Director of Facial Trauma and Reconstruction and was extensively involved with training young surgeons and teaching medical students. He has published and presented research internationally.
He holds concurrent Board Certification from the American Board of Otolaryngology and Fellowships with the American College of Surgeons and the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.
Dr Essig returned to Brisbane in 2019 to be closer to family.
- Brisbane Private Hospital
- Sunnybank Private Hospital
- Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- Spring Hill
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Rhinologic Society
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery
- American Thyroid Association